Whether you are a student or an office worker, a PDF editing software is always useful. It helps you to make minor or sometimes major changes in a PDF file without taking much of your time.
With paid or free PDF editor, you can make changes on your document the way you want. From adding a signature at the bottom, changing text, editing images to changing the whole layout of a PDF Document, the pdf editor will never disappoint you.
So in this post, we will tell you the best free pdf editor with their features. You may choose one as per your needs.
Best PDF Editor Software
ApowerPDF is certainly a good PDF editing software available in the market. The software contains all the essential tools to edit a PDF document, and they are grouped by menu sections.
The program lets you create if you wish to make a PDF from scratch or open an existing PDF. With this PDF editor, you can insert more pages and modify the text, add watermarks and change the encryption settings.
In addition to that, you can use the options of the “Convert” menu to convert PDF to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, BMP, PNG, GIF, JPG, TIFF.
ApowerPDF is quick to start and easy to use. With the free trial, you have the chance to use the key features.
- You can use it as a simple PDF viewer or a PDF editor.
- Users can add or modify watermarks, images, and text.
- It creates or modifies password protection for a PDF.
- Converts PDF documents to Word, PPT, HTML, and more.
- Split PDFs into multiple files and merge multiple PDFs into one.
- Nice editing tools.
AbleWord is a simple and cleanest PDF editor that allows you to read, convert and edit PDFs on the fly. Also, lets you make use of standard word processor functions such as find and replace, alignment, indentation, bullet lists, tables, frames, adding and resizing pictures, etc.
Editing a PDF file by using AbleWord is as simple as editing a Word document. You can apply formatting effects to your text in PDF files. It is free and rich in features software.
- Lets users save a file in multiple formats, including doc, Docx, txt, RTF, HTML and pdf.
- Supports tables and headers & footers.
- Provides functionalities like spell check and print preview.
- capable of reading and writing to various file formats like Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF, Rich Text, Plain Text, and HTML.
- Word Processor with PDF Read/Write function.
3. PDF Candy
PDF Candy is another free PDF editor for processing PDF documents. It features 24 tools for various operations with the PDF files.
With no limitations, users can use any tools, upload as many files as they need. The program is easy to use. You only need to drag a needed file into your browser to upload it to PDF Candy. The output files can be downloaded on a device and easily saved or shared via Google Drive or Dropbox.
You can convert, split, and merge PDF files in no time.
- Add multiple PDF files to merge them into a single document.
- Split uploaded PDF document into single pages.
- Upload a file to reduce its size.
- Can add a password-protected PDF file.
- Create a new PDF file with the password.
- Ability to add watermark.
4. Nitro PDF
Edit PDF for free using this extraordinary editor named Nitro PDF. It offers everything from basic file conversions like PDF to word or PDF to excel and in-depth features like adding barcodes, buttons, combo box, etc.
You can add a scanned image of your signature in documents in seconds. Nitro PDF Reader utilizes the Microsoft Office-style Ribbon interface.
- Fully loaded PDF editor with advanced features.
- Convert any printable files to PDF directly.
- PDFs created with Nitro PDF Reader are 100% compatible with other leading PDF readers and editors.
- Offers a range of powerful tools to extract text and images.
- Convert PDF to other editable formats.
- Share PDF to other platforms.
This web app for editing PDF will let you edit the existing text on a PDF file. There are plenty of tools for you like adding text, images and links; signing documents; adding comments, and adding rectangles and ellipses.
To edit a document, simply visit the website and upload the PDF. You can even just paste the link of the PDF you want to edit if it is already present online.
- Users can rearrange pages in PDFs.
- Merge documents.
- Recognize text with OCR.
- Capable of adding headers and footers with page numbers.
- Split PDFs into smaller documents.
- You can also start from scratch with a blank document.
Need to edit the text in a PDF for free? PDFescape is the one for you. Using this, you can edit PDF files, fill out PDF forms, annotate PDF documents, password protect PDF files, create basic PDF forms, and so on.
There are two versions of the PDFescape PDF editor: a free web app and a premium desktop software. It has a very intuitive interface.
- Allows users to add your own text and images.
- It creates simple text field forms.
- Sticky note, inserting, striking out, etc.
- Page arrangement.
- Application security.
- Document conversion.
SmallPDF is a simple pdf editor for beginners. Whether you want to edit your PDF file directly, or you’d rather convert to a Word file, this editing platform can assist you in either task.
Using SmallPDF, you can add signature, text, or shapes as well as edit them without a fuss. The tool is totally free of charge, and you can edit endless documents on this. Yes, there is a certain page number to edit per hour. Once you have reached the limit, you can wait for an hour or two.
- File type conversion.
- Protect files.
- Allows users to sign PDF files electronically.
- Compress large files into smaller size files.
- Merge and split document.
- Drag and drop interface.
- Cloud facility.
PDFBuddy is another online-only editor to edit PDF. The website requires you to sign up for an account to upload and edit documents, but there is no cost for editing a file.
You can upload the file on the website and start editing the document right away. Also, it lets you fill out forms, add a signature, highlight important text and even white-out text when needed.
- It allows merging and splitting of PDFs.
- Users can add text and images.
- Sign a PDF.
- Highlights and white-out also available.
9. Foxit Reader
Foxit Reader is a full-featured PDF editing software. It is fast and lightweight. The software reads PDFs, and it comes with a PDF printer so you can actually create PDFs for free, too.
You will have a choice between a modern ribbon user interface or a classic menu-and-toolbar interface. If you don’t like Adobe Reader anymore and want to try an alternative, Foxit Reader is highly recommended.
- Includes a basic PDF Printer for simple PDF creation.
- Extract data from filled forms.
- Turns a page of your PDF into a template for new documents.
- Customizable all its functions.
- Commenting tools are available.
- Create your sign or logo in PDF’s Files.
10. Soda PDF
SodaPDF is the best free PDF editor on the list. It enables you to edit PDF documents with ease.
The program offers both a desktop and online PDF solution with a variety of useful PDF tools. This portable, intuitive, and reliable PDF software can be used at work, at home and anywhere you want. It’s a complete PDF application that you can take with you wherever you go.
- Create, convert and edit PDFs.
- Merge and split.
- It makes document revision easy.
- Create custom forms.
- Optical Character Recognition feature is available.
- Users can convert scanned images and images into editable PDFs.
- Secure and sign PDF documents.
- Share your documents with others.
So this is the list of some reliable PDF editor. Some of them are free of cost whereas some offers a free trial. Choose the one you liked the most, and tweak text, add a new image, highlight your favourite things, and create your own PDF forms in minutes.
If you have any other PDF editors that you want to add on this list, please share them with us!